I don’t usually wear eyeshadows because I am not good at it. lol! It wasn’t really my forte so when I get eyeshadow palettes, I tend to just stick to nudes and neutrals. I don’t invest on expensive eyeshadow palettes too! Uhm, I tend to get the drugstore eyeshadow palettes like the Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Eyeshadow Palette.
I am not sure if you have seen my post about the BYS Eyeshadow Neutrals Palette or if you are familiar with it. These two are very very similar. From the shades, to the packaging, and the price. Both of them comes with a little sponge tip applicator that no one really use these days. Haha!
Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Eyeshadow Palette Pros:
- Affordable. It retails for 675 each palette which is very cheap considering that you are getting 12 shades in this palette.
- Pigmented. All of the shades in this palette gives a decent color payoff except for the highlighting shades.
- Blends like a dream. The shimmery shades blends better than the matte shades but they all blend quite nicely.
- Doesn’t have much fallout.
- Great for beginners (like me!).
- Perfect for everyday look.
- It is great for traveling. It’s affordable and you can come up with a great everyday look with this palette so I deem this perfect for traveling. It’s not bulky and it won’t break the bank in case you drop it or you accidentally leave in on your hotel room.
Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Eyeshadow Palette Cons:
- Flimsy packaging. It is made out of plastic and I feel like a single drop would cause it to crack or something.
- The matte shades are a bit chalky. However, it doesn’t have a lot of fallout even if it’s more on the chalky side.
- The sponge tip applicator that comes with it is not that useful.
If you don’t want to spend a ton on eyeshadow palettes or if you are just starting out, you have to consider this one. The Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Eyeshadow Palette is affordable and has such great shades that can help you create an amazing everyday look or a glam night out look.
It is very versatile too as you can use the matte brown shades to fill in your brows. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone in this palette!
Now let me ask you, do you have any Holy Grail eyeshadow palette? Do you invest or collect them or do you tend to settle on palettes that works for you? I would love to hear your thoughts!