Pepper Lunch – SM Mall of Asia

Pepper Lunch Beef Pepper RiceIf you’ve been reading my blog since I started, it’s probably not a secret to you that I love food. I love trying new dishes and I enjoy being adventurous on my food choices. However, I don’t consider trying out Pepper Lunch an adventurous choice though. I have always loved rice, beef, corn, and almost anything served on a sizzling late. Sounds like Pepper Lunch is the perfect place to eat for me, right?

beef pepper rice

Beef Pepper Rice at SM Mall of Asia

Beef Pepper Rice; 215php

I first tried Pepper Lunch at SM Southmall’s foodcourt and I got hooked upon first bite. Haha! I know a lot of people who loves drenching their Beef Pepper Rice with sauce but I like eating mine as ease. Am I weird? I just mix them altogether (after taking instagram-worthy picture, of course!) and devour it right away! When I eat Beef Pepper Rice, my tongue gets burned more often than not. Pretty much because it’s served in a sizzling cast-iron plate and I am always too hungry to wait for the food to cool down a bit.

pepper lunch beef pepper rice with egg

beef pepper rice with egg

Pepper Lunch Beef Pepper Rice with Egg; 215php + 25php

Love egg? No worries! Just order your your favorite Beef Pepper Rice and add an extra 25php for the egg. The egg will make the dish somewhat creamy.

pepper lunch garlic beef pepper rice

garlic beef pepper rice

Pepper Lunch Garlic Beef Pepper Rice; 23php

Earvin’s go-to dish is the Garlic Beef Pepper Rice. He loves anything with garlic so it’s no surprise to me that this becames his favorite. If he only orders Red King and Gyoza at Ramen Nagi, he only orders Garlic Beef Pepper Rice at Pepper Lunch. Haha! I must mention too that Earvin doesn’t really eat Beef but he loved this one and that says a lot about how good the Garlic Beef Pepper Rice is.

Pepper Lunch Matcha Ice CreamWe love their ice cream too! I am not really a fan of their Matcha Ice Cream but I enjoy the one drizzled with chocolate syrup and topped with peanuts. I’m sorry, I forgot what it’s called.

Other dishes we’ve tried at Pepper Lunch:
  • Chicken Pepper Rice: As I’ve mentioned before, Earvin doesn’t really eat beef so he settled for the Chicken Pepper Rice during our first try at Pepper Lunch. He wasn’t pleased. He said it was too bland and the chicken was too dry.
  • Salmon Pepper Rice: When I feel like I want to eat healthier for the day, I usually order the Salmon Pepper Rice. It was good but my heart, my tummy rather, just keeps coming back to the original Beef Pepper Rice.
  • Kani Salad: It’s a good to-go meal especially if you are trying to eat healthier. You can grab one any time of the day for only 99php.

Anyway, have you tried eating at Pepper Lunch? What’s your favorite? 🙂

1. March 4, 2017 / 11:25 am

Oh, Pepper Lunch. The few times I ate at a few of their branches, they have been consistent with their food. Service is what might be expected of a typical mall-based resto. So, the few times I ate there, I always ordered the same food, beef pepper rice. Cost is under 300 pesos, which I think is reasonable enough. It does taste delicious and I would not mind eating at their branches again in the future.

2. March 4, 2017 / 11:30 am

Ohhh noooeesss! Huhuhu. Curse these amazing food blogs (hahahaha)! I’m hungry cause I haven’t had lunch or breakfast yet and the photos didn’t exactly curb my appetite. Hahaha. The Garlic Beef Pepper Rice looks sooo good! Question: out of their items you haven’t eaten yet, which one are you looking to taste soon?

3. March 4, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Next to the proverbial bee, I think we frequent this store more often than any other fast food stores because we love their food. My favorite is the beef pepper rice and salmon pepper rice with extra corn. I think their portions have decreased compared to when they first opened. I can’t recall though if they changed their prices. Even then, I’m not complaining because I feel satiated every time I finish my meal there.

4. March 5, 2017 / 1:25 am

Uh oh. I regret reading this at 1am. Made me crave for Pepper Lunch! Their price is reasonable since the food is of good quality and yummy. My fave is the beef pepper rice!! Though I haven’t tried the Salmon but I would like to try some day and eventually learn how to cook those dishes.

5. March 5, 2017 / 3:13 am

Oh I love Pepper Lunch! It’s my go-to restaurant! Glad to know that you like it too! High five!

pengandpaper.com

6. March 5, 2017 / 5:40 am

Looks super! I love everything served from a sizzling plate too. That’s not very common way to serve foods here in Nordic countries but I love going to Chinese and Korean restaurant here to explore new foods and new ways to serve them. Thanks for sharing yummy pictures and your experience! 🙂

7. Indrani
    March 5, 2017 / 11:42 am

Looks like a complete power packed meal. I loved the neat presentation of the dishes.
    I wish they would open up some branch here in Bangalore. I would love to try it.

8. March 5, 2017 / 11:15 pm

We recently had it here in the province. It is in SM Pampanga. I love what you ordered because I always have that whenever we are there. my MIL loves the salmon one. Their matcha is a hit too!

9. March 5, 2017 / 11:38 pm

Their price range is good with their servings, sorry, I haven’t tried their food yet, but I’ll be keeping this in mind, my husband loves everything with pepper and those foods are delicious to look at especially garlic beef pepper rice, oh and pair it with ice cream, this made me hungry, seriously.

10. March 6, 2017 / 7:36 am

I dont know if there is one in Cebu, I hope so. The meals looks good and the serving is generous too. Looking at the price, its beyond reach. I hope they would consider expanding here in Cebu. Im sure they will be a hit. My Manila trip is later this year, I guess my waiting time to experience Pepper Lunch is going to be a bit long

11. March 6, 2017 / 8:25 am

I love any( well, most) rice dishes. I think, I wouldn’t want the egg, I would rather have a second plate of beef and rice 🙂 That is really nice and neat presented, the ice cream also looks fresh and delicious. What is Matcha? Is that green stuff pistachio? Unfortunately, I am not familiar with your currency, so I can’t work out if it’s cheap or expensive. It might be worth adding the PHP/dollar exchange rate somewhere in your posts?! Just a suggestion, no criticism tho.

• AngeliePangilinan
      March 6, 2017 / 11:38 am

Thanks for the suggestion Klaudia. I will keep that in mind and I’ll be sure to add USD conversions next time. 🙂 Thank you again! 🙂

12. March 6, 2017 / 11:09 am

I have tried Pepper Lunch once. But I forgot what we ate. For sure it was not a salad and so now I know they serve salad, I would love to try the Kani. I think Pepper Lunch is a clean place – I tried the one in Century mall, I am slowly remembering. Or was it really Century Mall or Park 😮 Anyways, would love to try other food from their Menu!!!

13. March 6, 2017 / 12:45 pm

We love dining at Pepper Lunch. I love their original beef pepper rice and then I have mozzarella cheese added. We just have to wait for 5 minutes after it’s served and we’ve turned it so we won’t burn our tongues. It’s my first time seeing the ice cream topped with peanuts. Maybe what you can try ordering next time is Kuromitsu (black sugar) ice cream. It’s the best 🙂

14. March 6, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Tried pepper lunch only once, it’s satisfying. I still have to try out other dishes so I can give more reliable insight about the store

15. March 7, 2017 / 11:10 pm

This is one of my favorite stops in Alabang! Though they’re kinda pricey now but the meals are just too sumptuous! I know the feeling 😀 😀 Seeing this brings back memories. Lol

16. Louisa
    March 9, 2017 / 6:32 am

I like Pepper Lunch but prefer another restaurant similar to it. Mostly for the price. The Chicken Pepper Rice is good though. As much as possible I try to refrain from eating beef since I had my gallstones removed. I remember dining here and having the salted caramel sundae.