Ati Tribe – Laoay, Bohol

bohol ati tribeWe had a stop over at Bohol’s Ati Tribe during our Rio Verde River Cruise. They gave us about 20 minutes to explore the lively neighborhood of the tribe.

fresh coconuts bohol ati tribeIn my opinion, it is a very friendly and very business-oriented tribe. The tribe sell fresh coconuts and different souvenir items in the area.

ati tribe kids ati tribe kidYou want to take photos with the kids? Be ready to pay them with tips. If you didn’t drop any on their “donation box”, they’ll constantly remind you about it. At least they’ll pose with huge smiles for you, that should do it.

kids playing bohol ati tribeDon’t you find these kids playing at the cement basin cute?

blowing fire ati tribeYou also get a chance to take photos with these Ati Tribe members while one of them blows fire. Again, you had to pay for posing with them. You don’t have to pay specific amount though, you just give them whatever pleases you.

ati tribe cave bohol ati tribe anitoYou can also take lots of photos in the neighborhood. We saw this huge cave that looks like a gorilla’s face. It kinda of freaks me out especially the Anito inside it.

huge crab bohol in bohol ati tribeYou can also go inside this huge crab and play as if you’re a prisoner while you’re taking photos.

ati tribe tree houseThere are also tree houses in the area but we didn’t really bother going up there. We just took lots of photos.

I think a trip to Ati Tribe is a good bonus oerk during our Rio Verde River cruise since we didn’t really have to pay any entrance fees.

1. November 27, 2016 / 11:17 pm

Hey that is so astig! Hahaha. I am assuming that it’s good for a one hour stop and nice for photos. Even so, it is still a place to go to.

Parang matagal na since you went to Bohol, right?

• December 3, 2016 / 4:43 pm

Naisip ko lang. Those kids. Sanay na sanay na sila sa tourists. In fact, they might as well be a part of their attractions for tourists for income. Of course, hindi naman iyan masama. Kasi kahit ano naman ang sabihin, kabuhayan pa rin iyan.

2. November 28, 2016 / 5:00 pm

This is timely as we’re planning to visit Bohol. I thought you were in a different country. 🙂

Taking note for the need for donation. Will make sure I bring change when we visit them. Looking forward to your other bohol posts. 🙂

3. November 28, 2016 / 10:58 pm

It’s amazing to see a tribe who still espouses their culture, beliefs and tradition. I love how even the kids wear tribal clothing. I’ve only been to Bohol once and I’ve never been to this specific place before. Maybe when I do go back, I will include this in my itinerary. I’m sold as it is on the fresh coconut juice.

4. November 29, 2016 / 12:20 am

It’s my first time hearing about the Ati Tribe. Their abode looks like an attraction of a theme park. It looks instagrammable. Will definitely try this when we visit Bohol. And whoa! Hopefully, the kids don’t grow up to be expecting of money always when someone takes a photo of them.

5. November 29, 2016 / 8:08 am

I laughed when I read that the kids won’t stop until you drop something into their donation box. I think this is the only source of their income so it’s very reasonable for them to do that in exchange of photos with them. I find the tribe interesting and friendly. I wish I could meet them someday.

6. November 29, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Interesting place to visit. I don’t think it’s for me though.. But I like reading and see what’s out there if I ever wanted to visit a tribe. What I want thought is to buy fresh coconuts, I believe it’s a much greater taste than the imported ones I’ve tasted before.

7. November 29, 2016 / 9:04 pm

This looks fun! I didn’t know about this is Bohol. Glad it was included in your itinerary for the cruise. We’ve been planning a Bohol trip for so long but still couldn’t find time. This definitely, should go into the list. Interesting place indeed! 🙂

8. November 29, 2016 / 10:52 pm

Aww such beautiful photos. Love how the kids look like they’re enjoying themselves. I’d love to know more about the Ati Tribe. They didn’t teach us much at school!

9. November 29, 2016 / 11:20 pm

I have never explored Visayas and Mindanao regions yet but I wish I’ll get a chance this coming year. Bohol and Cebu has always been on top of my list and this one in Bohol is definitely a great place to visit not just to marvel the beauty of this place but also to learn more about the humble town’s rich culture

10. November 30, 2016 / 4:47 pm

I haven’t really met tribes face to face and this is a good experience. The kids at an early age starts to work but hey they are ready to pose for the camera. How much was the fee?

11. December 2, 2016 / 9:28 pm

Wow! Those kids are really adorable. Your posts always have this hint of fun kindness and fun in them that always makes me want to read more of your blog. It seems you guys had an amazing time in bohol. What an adventure!