The Prawn Farm – Tagbilaran City, Bohol

where to eat in tagbilaran boholAfter having our much needed sleep, we headed out to Island City Mall to have dinner at The Prawn Farm. The Prawn Fram is widely known for their buffet that only costs 400php per head. We both love eating at buffets so we decided to eat dinner and avail their buffet. Much to our surprise, they only offer buffets during weekends so we had no choice but to settle with their ala carte menu.

the prawn farm interior the prawn farm bar areathe prawn farmThe ambiance is pretty nice, there were only few people eating when we dined so the place is pretty quiet.

The Prawn Farm Food:

pran farm bland pork chops porkchops

Earvin being the meat lover that he is settled for grilled pork chops. We shared this dish and it’s okay. It tastes pretty good but it’s quite dry. Nothing really special.

yummy prawns prawn sauteed in coconut milkI ordered their Prawns Sauteed in Coconut Milk. The sauce tastes really good however, the prawns were RAW. Yup, undercooked, grossly raw. I first ate the meat of the prawns and yup it’s a bit undercooked and still quite good but when I dig into the head, crap, I almost puked. It was gross.

We asked their server to have it cooked again and they did cooked it again. It’s quite disappointing though since they are named The Prawn Farm, meaning they take pride in their prawns so they should know how to cook it well. It’s disappointing that we experienced it, and the waiter didn’t even apologize, not even a single sorry. We just let it pass, we ate it after they cooked it again but I didn’t dare touch the heads anymore. Ugh, that used to be my favorite!

the best garlic rice in bohol

Even though such unfortunate thing happened with the prawns, I LOVE their garlic rice. It’s pretty much the best garlic rice in Bohol! You gotta eat it while it’s hot though ’cause it gets pretty greasy if you don’t eat it right away.

It’s quite sad that we didn’t get to experience their buffet spread but we’ll definitely try it out the next time we visit Bohol. We’re not really pleased with their ala carte menu. Their service isn’t that good too, it takes forever for the food to be served, maybe at least 30 minutes. Well, at least their garlic rice is great! 😉

1. September 6, 2016 / 6:23 pm

Hi, Angelie. 400 pesos buffet includes prawns? Bummer though that prawns were served raw. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. Still, I am curious with the buffet.

• September 6, 2016 / 6:28 pm

Yes Sir, it includes prawns and other seafood. 🙂 Raw prawns are gross though. Learned something new in this restaurant. Haha!

2. September 6, 2016 / 7:28 pm

I do not eat prawns because I am allergic to them but eeew raw prawns. Gordon Ramsey will go ballistic with that. Sad to hear you had a bad experience. I hope the restaurant makes it up to you.

3. September 6, 2016 / 8:43 pm

I love prawns. My mom knows this thus she would buy a kilo or two should she chance upon them in the market. I cant imagine eating raw prawns. I dont eat kilawin or anything uncooked. Too bad they served the dish that way. I hope it would never happen again with other guests as it may harm their name in a way.

4. September 6, 2016 / 11:54 pm

What an experience you had! I’m a seafood lover, too (especially prawns)! Though I would not expect so much for a 400-peso buffet including a great selection of seafood, restos should make sure they serve “decent” food on the table. They may not exceed your expectations but they should at least give you your money’s worth.

5. September 7, 2016 / 9:06 am

I will totally be disappointed as I love prawns! 🙂 And guess what, my family and I will be heading to Bohol tomorrow until the weekend. I am not sure if we want to visit Prawn Farm. Thank you for the heads up, dear. 🙂

6. September 7, 2016 / 10:13 am

That’s a good price for a buffet if the prawns were well cooked. I also love seafood, especially prawns. But my husband is allergic to seafood. So, I seldom order these when we are eating out.

7. September 7, 2016 / 3:35 pm

I absolutely love prawns! I actually love seafood in general. Prawns are really easy to cook. I can’t imagine how they could’ve messed it up. Well, I guess that can sometimes happen at buffets, because they serve an overwhelming amount of food on the daily.

8. September 7, 2016 / 5:52 pm

Ooops! That should be a big no no for restaurants, giving raw food to their customers. Sayang because the place looks nice and the ambiance is good. Next time they should teach their waiters to be polite.

9. September 7, 2016 / 11:13 pm

That’s a shame! Hopefully they don’t offer raw prawns to their other customers. That’s just disgusting. I love prawns pa naman. Pambawi na lang is the garlic rice. hehe! Well, things like this happen when we travel. 🙂

Living in the Moment | http://www.maayalegaspi.com

10. September 8, 2016 / 9:51 am

I am allergic to prawns, I can eat one piece only. But my love family loves to eat seafood and prawns, even my little kulit. Wah it’s so disappointed if your food in not cooked will.

11. September 14, 2016 / 5:55 am

This sure is an interesting place to go eat and the food definitely looks very delectable and scrumptious… I would definitely love to be able to go try it out someday

• September 15, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I am sorry just realized you said the prawns were undercooked… and yeah.. it is bad… they should have prepared it better…

12. September 17, 2016 / 3:29 pm

The place looks just lovely and I love prawns, so I can see where a buffet would be fantastic. I also love getting a good deal and eating on a budget, so it certainly sucks that you didn’t get to eat buffet style! :/

It is awesome though that the place wasn’t real crowded. I always feel kind of .. special.. when my husband and I have a place to ourselves :D. .. though the lack of buffet might have led to the uncrowded atmosphere.

But, raw prawns. Yep, end of story. I ask for refund and leave before I get sick everywhere 😀

13. October 9, 2016 / 3:25 pm

The grilled porkchop looks really enticing. All i just needed was soy sauce and tomatoes and ill be drooling while looking at those photos. I’m saddened to hear about your shrimp experience. 400 Pesos for 4 pieces of raw shrimp is really bad. I ate a shrimp cocktail before where they cook the shrimp right in front of you and it was great. Unfortunately, the next day, I was itching all over because the shrimp apparently wasn’t that fresh so I developed hives. What a horror!

14. December 4, 2016 / 2:33 am

Only P400 for a buffet at the Prawn Farm?! That’s definitely a great deal. I’ll add this restaurant in my bucket list upon my return to Bohol. Too bad the prawns that you ordered were undercooked. I totally agree with you that they should have been to cook it well. I hope their management reads your post.

15. Louisa
    February 21, 2017 / 12:27 pm

It sounded so good, too! Imagine a restaurant focused on prawns. I’m quite sensitive to the way food looks and it matters to me. If I were to have seen that prawn head I would have been weary and probably angry.

16. March 4, 2017 / 10:42 pm

What wouldn’t I give, to be in this place… I love love love prawns… generally places like these would have buffet over the weekends… it’s a strategy… the prawns look so delicious… slurp!