I have been looking for an eyeliner pen that could replace my Mirenesse Hydra Gel Eyeliner and sadly, I haven’t found anything yet that’s as good as my favorite so I decided to just go back to gel liners instead. If you’re looking forward to drawing the perfect winged eyeliner but you still get intimidated with pen liners, I’d suggest practicing on a gel liner first. The BYS Black Magic Gel Eyeliner is perfect for beginners.
I got my BYS Black Magic Eyeliner on my BYS Matte Maven Glamourbox. However, that box is no longer available. You can still get it at the Glamourbox site for only 549php though. I believe it is also available on some Watson Stores and SM Department Store’s Beauty Department.
BYS Black Magic Gel Eyeliner Pros:
- Affordable. It only retails for 549php and it already comes with an angled brush. I think it’s safe to say that it is a great alternative for Mac Fluidline Gel Eyeliner.
- It lasts all day.
- Does not dry up easily. I’ve had mine for months now and the consistency remains the same. Some gel liners are notorious for drying up in a matter of a month or two.
- Easy to work with. Gel liners in general are easier to work with than pen liners. That’s the case for me, how about you?
BYS Black Magic Gel Eyeliner Cons:
- It doesn’t dry as matte as I’d like it to be.
- I am not a fan of the angled brush that it came with. In this case, I prefer using the Suesh Angled brush or the one from Sigma. I feel like the brush it came with is too soft and a bit thick. It doesn’t give me the precise line that I’d like to achieve.
BYS Black Magic Eyeliner Swatch:
As you can see, you can either create a thin or a thick line with it. You can also use this as a base if you’re planning to do a really dark eye makeup. It can create a really sexy smokey eye if you blend it while it hasn’t set yet.
I’d say it lives up to its claims, formulation wise. The brush however does not really give out a precise line. Or did I just get a bad batch of the brush?
Well anyway, if you’re looking for a good gel eyeliner that’s not gonna break the bank, the BYS Black Magic Gel Eyeliner is worth a try! 🙂