I clearly remember last year, almost every blogger I follow on Instagram is raving about Solique Gel Polish. Having full trust about all these blogger I follow, I went ahead and got myself a shade. Boy, I was disappointed. Clearly, some bloggers these days would praise the products sent to them for free without even caring about their credibility.
I’m actually pretty excited when GirlStuff first released these gel polishes. The Solique Gel Polish is like a cheaper alternative to Sally Hansen’s Gel nails. However, upon trying it on, I am instantly disappointed.
Thoughts on Solique Gel Polish:
- The formulation is too thick making it hard to apply.
- It takes forever to dry.
- It smells nasty.
- Since the formulation is too thick, it chips very easily. Mine chipped hours after I put it on.
- The so called “gel top coat” doesn’t do anything other than making the formulation thicker.
- When I accidentally applied the “gel top coat” on my skin, it dries out like a super glue. I wonder if it’s just a super glue packaged to make it more expensive?
- It DOES NOT live up to its claims that it can last up to two weeks.
I am almost not going to blog about the Solique Gel Polish since it disappoints me so bad. It is also the reason why it took me forever to publish this post. However, I just feel the need to blog about it because this product is not worth the rave it got a few months back.
A note to my fellow bloggers:
Please know that your readers need to know the truth. They are reading and following your blog because they trust and value your opinion. The brand may love you and send you more stuff for praising their products even if it sucks. But remember, your credibility is the one at stake here. Once you lose your reader’s trust, it’s going to be so hard to win it back. Believe me.