Panda Tea Garden Suites Bohol

where to stay in bohol panda tea garden suitesWe stayed at Panda Tea Garden Suites during our first two days in Bohol. It’s a 5 minute ride via tricycle from the airport. We chose this hotel mainly because it’s near the Island City mall and the transport terminal. We booked their standard room via Agoda. It is walking distance from the Island City Mall and the transport terminal and is situated right in front of NIA.

panda tea garden suites lobbyUpon entering, you’ll be greeted by tons of Panda stuff. Living up to their Panda theme, yeah? panda tea garden suites reception areaWe had a morning flight so we arrived at the hotel at 7am. Their check in time is 2pm so we asked for the fees for early check in and the lady receptionist told us that we need to pay 100php per extra hour. She is not the nicest though and I even caught her giving me a side eye so we just left. By that time, I wasn’t able to mention that we’ve already booked a room via Agoda. Needless to say, she kind of ruined my mood so I just shrugged it off and we headed to Island City mall to eat breakfast and kill time.

panda-tea-garden-reception-areaWe came back at 10am because we’re so tired and we wanted to get some sleep already. We decided to just pay the extra 100php per hour and I let Earvin talk to the receptionist this time because I’m not really in the mood to deal with her anymore. Surprisingly, she became extra nice once Earvin mentioned that we already booked via Agoda. I don’t really have any idea what’s the deal with that.

panda tea garden suites room

The Panda Tea Garden Suuites standard room is what we booked. The room actually looks much better in person than the photos featured in Agoda. panda tea garden suites standard room

It’s quite a surprise, we’re not expecting much from it because it’s really cheap. We didn’t really looked forward into booking a fancy hotel ’cause we were thinking we’ll be there just to rest. We will be out exploring most of the time anyways. We’re wrong as usual, we slept almost our whole first day in Bohol, we just take short walks outside the hotel during the afternoon. But don’t blame us, we were so tired ’cause we didn’t really get sleep the night before our flight.

where to stay in tagbilaran

I like these thick curtains, it managed to block off the heat of the sun even if it is directly hitting our room during the afternoons.

panda tea garden suite tv

There’s a little TV right across the bed and a table where we placed our things.

panda tea garden suites vanity area vanity area

Right next to the TV area is a cute little vanity area. This is my favorite area next to the bed, I loved doing my makeup in that vanity area.

closetpanda tea garden suites closet

Upon entering the room is this closet, they provide hangers and extra pillows which is placed in this closet. We didn’t really get to use it though ’cause we’re too lazy to transfer our clothes. Haha!

panda-tea-garden-suite-bathroompanda tea garden room bathroom

Their bathroom is small but is clean so it’s fine. The shower head is not really the nicest one to use though. I feel like it’s clogged in some parts.

Panda Tea Garden Suites:
  • We booked their standard room for 2108 for two nights. That includes the 12% Hotel Tax and the 10% Service Charge.
  • They don’t offer free breakfast in the room rates that we availed. No worries though ’cause there’s a cafe where you can eat located at the first floor of the hotel.
  • I suggest booking via Agoda because their staff seems to be nicer when you booked online.
Panda Tea Garden Suites Location:

Panda Tea Garden Suites, J.A. Clarin Street, Tagbilaran City, Central Visayas, Philippines

Overall, I’d recommend staying at the Panda Tea Garden Suites. They have affordable rates and you’ll have easy access to a mall and the transport terminal.

They also offer massage services by request. One thing to note if you’re a smoker is that they strictly prohibit smoking inside their rooms. They also don’t allow you to bring outside food to your room but Earvin and I brought a few snacks in our room. Haha! Just kept in in my bag when we’re crossing by their lobby/reception area. 😀

Quick Tip:

If you’re going to ride a tricycle from the airport or from anywhere really, tell them that you’re going to NIA instead of Panda Tea Garden Suites because once they realize that you’re a tourist, they’ll charge you three times of the amount you should actually pay. From the airport, we were charged 100php and we later found out that we should’ve paid 30php only.

1. August 30, 2016 / 4:28 pm

Looks like a great accommodation for budget travelers like us. hehe. This is great if you’re touring the area most of the time. Will consider this when we go to Bohol. I just hope the receptionist wouldn’t be so snob the next time.

2. August 30, 2016 / 8:41 pm

For the price, since you said it is cheap, then the hotel has given you its value. Room appears to be clean so even if it is a basic room, that is what is important. I am very picky when it comes to bathrooms, so it has to be clean. LOL. Other than that, the only thing that is strange is not allowing food to be brought in to the room. What hotel does that? It’s not like they could check your bags! Unfortunately, that is a dealbreaker.

3. August 31, 2016 / 12:21 am

The suite actually looks really nice specially considering the rates. The rule about not bringing food to the room is unnecessary I think but glad you found a way around it haha

4. August 31, 2016 / 12:56 am

last year we also went to bohol but our hotel was located on top of a hill, I forgot the name, but the view was nice –overlooking! now this one, with lots of pandas, I think I will check this out next time. I have some friends who love pandas so much! Will share this to them. by the way, are you familiar with the panda cafe in ueno, tokyo, japan? we visited that one before and that’s so cute!

5. August 31, 2016 / 5:44 am

I think it’s a good deal that you got, specially that it’s good for 2 days already. And I think, this is just a guess, the reason they’re nicer when they knew they booked online is because they know you’re just one click away on posting a review about them. That’s such an unfair treatment if they aren’t nice to all customers. Seems that they care about their reputation online.

6. August 31, 2016 / 1:21 pm

Oops wrong move for the receptionist, they should take care of that. The room looks cute tho! And for the price super affordable, kahit na na walang free breakfast 🙂

• September 2, 2016 / 5:22 pm

The receptionists became nice almost instantly when she found out that we booked online though. Haha! Yup, we got a really good deal!

7. August 31, 2016 / 5:54 pm

Seems quite simple place, most probably just for stop over, for longer holidays I would prefer something more nicer. Even if the place looks clean, quite cozy but I miss the feeling that it could be my place 🙂

• September 2, 2016 / 5:20 pm

I understand where you’re coming from, we were mostly out the whole day so we didn’t bother for the more expensive hotels so we can spend our money for entrance fees and island hopping fees.

8. August 31, 2016 / 8:33 pm

Loving this! What an iconic stay at the iconic island of Bohol. I love the panda because it somehow puts a laidback vibe to the place. It’s also perfect for Bohol because of the lush greeneries it’s famous for. 🙂

9. August 31, 2016 / 9:53 pm

In fairness, good deal for a basic room! Love the theme too, the pandas are so cute! Also, grabe naman yung P100 for a 5min ride 🙁

• September 2, 2016 / 5:18 pm

Yup, kainis na sometime fellow filipinos will trick you into paying more. 🙁 If they can do that to fellow filipinos, what more pa sa foreign tourists. 🙁

10. September 1, 2016 / 11:00 am

I know A guy who will consider this place a paradise… my brother haha.. He is a panda addict, an avid panda toy collectors…. this must a be a heaven for him haha…. i find the place really neat and simple

11. September 2, 2016 / 2:03 pm

Thanks for sharing this, we are going to Bohol next year. is this child friendly hotel, not too noisy i have a five year old kid. The price is affordable for 2000 for two nights.

• September 2, 2016 / 5:15 pm

Yes, I think it’s safe to say that Panda Tea Garden Suites is kid friendly. It’s never noisy in the hotel. It’s almost too quiet actually.

12. September 2, 2016 / 5:16 pm

There’s blankets. Just wasn’t able to take photos because we’re on the rush to go to Panglao already. 🙂

13. September 3, 2016 / 3:32 am

For the price you paid for 2 nights, it is really economical. Though there is no excuse for the receptionist to have a bad attitude. In their line of work, customer service is a big thing. No matter how awesome your place may be, if you have poor customer relations, it can ruin your business. Glad you still enjoyed your stay 🙂