Life Lately Vol. 2

life lately

There’s been a lot of negative things happening around the globe, killing and shootings here and there… Because of these events, most people seem to look at every aspect of their life negatively. I myself is guilty about having a negative perspective most of the time and it has affected my life greatly, when I look at things in a negative light, I tend to be more worried, anxious, stressed, and sad.

I have learned along the way that everything happens for a reason. If it has happened already, you only have two choice, to look at it in a negative way or in a positive way. I would greatly suggest you look at it in a positive perspective so you can face life’s challenges with a more hopeful, motivated, and a happier vibe instead of dwelling on the negative and being all miserable about it.

So here’s what happened to my life lately…

1. I’ve recently patch things up with my dad. The past year I haven’t really been in good terms with my dad. It’s what causes my loneliness the past year. I am never truly happy because I miss my dad, I miss his hugs and kisses, his cooking, and the way he would care for me. So when I mustered the strength to be in contact with him again, we talked for hours and decided to meet up in a mall. Calling him was the best decision I made, we are now in good terms again and nothing beats the feeling that I have my dad again who always got my back. I am definitely happier now. Well, would I expect? I have always been a papa’s girl anyways!
  2. I took a month off from my freelancing work. I’ve been working as a freelancer for almost 6yrs now. Yes, I started freelancing while I was still in college. I remember being so eager to work for these companies that my academics had suffered. There’s a bit of regret that I didn’t do better at school because I was so sidetracked in making money. All I could ever think off that time is all the money I could make. I never really took any dayoff from freelancing ’till last month. I never want to stop working, even when i’m with my friends, my boyfriend, or with my family, all I could ever think of is how I’m gonna have a smaller paycheck because I am spending time with them instead of working. But when I decided to take a month off, I’ve realized that there’s more to life than money, than having a healthier bank account. I’ve come to enjoy time with my family, and enjoy the little things with my friend and with Earvin. All these years I’ve been working, I thought I was happy because I have money but I was so wrong. True happiness comes from having healthy relationship with yourself and with the people who matter to you.
Well, right now I am slowly easing myself back to work and I must say because of the time I took off from work. I am now happier and much more motivated to make my dreams come true. πŸ™‚ I learned that sometimes, instead of pushing yourself too hard and forcing yourself to do things when you’re lacking motivation, all you really need to do is step back, take a break and enjoy yourself and your loved one’s company. I’m pretty sure you’d be back in no time with a positive outlook towards things you used to despise. πŸ™‚

1. July 12, 2016 / 3:46 am

Looks like these little steps you took made you a better & happier person. I'm glad it all worked out for good. πŸ™‚

Love, The Diary Queen

2. July 15, 2016 / 1:17 am

First of all, I commend you for patching things up with your dad. Often people do not realize this but carrying a burden is a hindrance to growth. So it's really a good thing you did there. As for work, I say do what is best for you. Money is not everything but the benefit it brings is much needed, as well as having savings.

You are also correct about negativities. Often people tilt towards the negative and here's a related post:

3. July 15, 2016 / 2:21 pm

I'm glad you took that month off work and I'm so happy for you for patching things up with your dad! Our thoughts can be toxic sometimes and a break for yourself is healthy and does your mind a world of wonders! In terms of your dad, sometimes we have to grit out teeth and just take them for who they are. They won't be here longer than we will be!

4. July 15, 2016 / 2:21 pm

I also have a life lately series in my blog, which is why I chose this post. I love what you shared. Those are two major and heartfelt realizations. Dads are very close to our hearts whether we love or hate them. I also tend to be focused on making money, but I also like travel which balances it out.

5. July 16, 2016 / 4:26 am

I am just so happy and so glad that we're okay already. Dads will always be the rock to hold on during difficult times and the times when I'm not in good terms with my dad is the hardest times in my life so far.

When I tend to have negative outlook in life, it seems like a negative thing after another just keeps on happening.

6. July 16, 2016 / 4:28 am

Eating is what balances out my workaholic self but since I've gained 10kls the past 2years I am now trying to cut back on eating. Traveling is my next agenda, I'm actually off to Bohol next month! πŸ˜‰

7. July 16, 2016 / 4:29 am

And to be honest, the month off that I took is serving my being very well. I never knew a simple break can be this relaxing.

8. July 27, 2016 / 10:42 pm

It's a good thing to hear that you've patched things up with your dad. Family always matter the most.
    I too sin sometimes in having a negative point of view. I really recommand reading: '13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do'. It can help you get a more positive look on things πŸ™‚

9. July 29, 2016 / 11:18 pm

These are good news. πŸ™‚ About showing signs of being a workaholic, I guess that's common for freelancers because unlike those who are regularly employed their income is based on output. I think your break did you good. Relationships are one of the most neglected yet important aspects of our life.

10. August 10, 2016 / 12:11 pm

I remember when my dad is still with us.. we’re always not in good terms as well…I don’t know but we always have different beliefs and we always end up with a cold war haha as in patagalan kami kung sino ang susuko at unang magsosorry… we never came to a point that we will fight physically or even verbally because I still respect him and I know my limitation as a son as well…i’m glad you and your dad were in good terms now

11. August 10, 2016 / 3:26 pm

Great that you have rekindled with your dad. Lucky for you to have your dad! πŸ™‚ About the time off, I think everyone should really take that well-deserved break to refresh ourselves to be able to start anew. πŸ™‚

12. August 10, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Your post is speaking to me clearly about taking time of for myself, as well as patching things up with people I’ve hurt in the past. Thank you for sharing where you are right now! I think if we take care of our relationships, we can manage anything.

13. August 13, 2016 / 10:12 pm

Congrats on patching things up with your dad. Family is important, and the decision to move past difficulties shows how strong of a person you truly are.I agree that the world is becoming a scary place, and making the choice to use it as a positive or negative choice is a choice that you must make.