Canon or Nikon?

A good camera is an essential in blogging. Yes, because good photos is usually what attracts most of the readers. The photos is the first thing they see when they visit a blog. And when you have crappy photos, most chances are they will just abandon your blog and won’t read your post. Crappy photos usually pushes your readers away. They won’t bother to read your post if the photos are crappy even if you have a well written article.
Nikon or CNON

So I currently have a Nikon D5100 but I’ve been planning to be a Canon user for the longest time. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Nikon but I just find it hard to use and I’ve seen Canon EOS 550D produce more vibrant photos.
I have used a Canon once when I borrowed one from a friend and I find it more user-friendly than my Nikon. I believe it’s sturdier too. I’ve had this experience when I took photos at the quarry, somewhere in Pampanga. I truck passed by and some dust entered my lens, I didn’t know about it then. I tried focusing the lens and boom, it was broken. That pretty much hurts my wallet! Hahaha!
Within that incident that I get to realize that Nikon lenses are more expensive than Canon lenses.
I am no Photography Expert, I’m just saying what I’ve experienced with my Nikon which made me think of being a Canon user instead. If you’ve tried to use both cameras, please comment in this post and help me decide. I need lots and lots of help!
By the way, if you’re planning to buy a camera, I suggest you head over Lazada’s website. They’ve got lots of selection of camera of different brands and camera gears too! And they don’t only sell cameras. They are like a one stop store that will cater the needs of a family. Yes! Believe me, they have almost everything!

1. June 24, 2013 / 10:03 pm

i really want a good camera! i need one!! good post (:

2. June 24, 2013 / 10:03 pm

I've worked with both cameras and as a photographer I say the following:

Canon is easier to work with, it's more user-friendly and it's easy to handle. You can easily figure out how to manually adjust your settings like aperture, ISO etc.
    Nikon is a bit harder to understand and tbh I still haven't figured it out 100% yet. Though, Nikon creates very sharp and crispy images and their lenses are awesome.

I'm not saying Canon lenses aren't sharp, but it depends on the lens if it's a fast working lens or not. I'm a Canon girl and I'll always be, not only because of the handling, but because I'm so into the workflow of Canon products that I'll stick to it. But Nikon isn't bad, it's a really good brand and it produces very good cameras and lenses. It's up to you with which camera you feel more comfortable with!

xoxo

3. June 24, 2013 / 10:05 pm

I am so really saving up so I can buy a Canon! I am actually really sick of Nikon. It's so hard to understand the camera. πŸ™ it's either I get a really dark photo or an overexposed one. When I view it on the camera screen, it looks fine but it looks completely different when I view them through my laptop πŸ™

4. June 24, 2013 / 10:06 pm

Thank you Madalenaa! You should go for Canon or you will probably regret it with Nikon. Haha!

5. July 12, 2013 / 6:58 pm

I'm a big fan of canon. I'm going to be biased if I say "Pick Canon!" πŸ˜€

6. September 4, 2013 / 11:30 pm

I've tried both… Straight from the camera, images taken from Nikon are relatively more vibrant. But if you use RAW format and edit in PS you can go away with either brands. Now I'm on Canon because a few years back we don't have service center for Nikon here in the Phils. but I believe there is one now in Greenbelt (correct me if I'm wrong).

But as far as blogging and photography, you don't really need a DSLR to take decent photos. I used to take pictures for my blog using my Canon EOS 450D but now I'm just using my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Sure there are differences but they are not that bad. But if you indeed decide on getting a DSLR I suggest you also take a photography class to maximize your gear. =)

7. September 4, 2013 / 11:30 pm

Haha! Maybe when I get to save money I'll get Canon too πŸ™‚

8. September 4, 2013 / 11:31 pm

I already own a Nikon but it's not as user friendly as Canon. πŸ™ I might switch to Canon when I get to save money. Thank you! πŸ™‚

9. March 18, 2014 / 11:31 am

I am selling my Sony a200 DSLR Camera if you want it. My ebay is (isell2u4less)