We’re engaged! :D

Before I write anything, I just want to leave a little disclaimer. I am writing this article for me, so that I’ll have something to look back on. The main reason why I started blogging seven years ago is so that I can write about my life and look back someday. I don’t know why I stopped writing about my life, really. I guess I’ve lost my way. From now on, I’ll start writing for myself again.

I honestly don’t know where to start. Earvin and I met seven years ago through our friend Kevin. 🙂 Earvin was a transferee and so am I. We became classmates in some of our classes and that’s where it all started. Hehe!

Each year with him has been nothing short of amazing, I feel like we’re always accomplishing something for our relationship every year. We always push each other to be the best version of ourselves. We always help each other in reaching our personal dreams and we know for a fact that we always have each other’s back no matter what.

The past few years has been the toughest phase of my life so far and Earvin never left. It got really chaotic and I’ve had the worst temper during those bad days but he never gave up on me. He never let me face the hardships alone. He kept me sane through it all and he always try his best to make me smile, to make me happy.

Even on the days that I felt like giving, he never failed to show me the light. On days that I am losing faith in God and in myself, he never let me go astray. Instead, he showed me how much he loved me and he lead me back to the right path.

We don’t have the perfect relationship. In between of laughter and smiles are a lot of petty fights and a few big fights. There are quite a number of times where we almost broke up. I am vocal about it but he never agreed. He had so much faith in our relationship, and for that I am very thankful.

And the thing that made me realize that he’s the man I’d want to spend the rest of my life with is how he bonded and interacted with my sister. My sister means the world to me, the way to my heart is and will always be through her.

My sister likes him too, I sometimes gets jealous because when we go home sometimes, my sister would hug him first before. lol.

when he popped the question…

It was really funny actually. lol. Earvin will hate me for sharing this but I kinda spoiled the proposal. I have read a conversation with his friends on his phone and it kinda ringed the bell that he was planning to propose. lol. So being the annoying girlfriend that I am, I asked him about it. Haha!

He denied it, yes. But I already saw it coming! Haha!

He said that I’m stressing him too much and that I watch too much NCIS. He even told me I would make a great investigator. lol

I would always tease him and tell him that I need to get a nice dress for our lunch date during our 7th year anniversary and that I have to do my makeup for the lunch date so that I’ll look pretty in our photos when he propose. Haha! We even got into a huge fight because he cancelled our plans to go to the mall few days prior. I let my temper burst and got angry at him because I’m stressing over the dress that I’ll wear for the date. Haha!

However, he never popped the question during our lunch date. Haha! I am teasing him the whole time! I would joke around and I kept telling him to never put the ring into the food because I might end up eating it. Haha! When I asked for a Tempura, I even joked that I’ll be careful with the Tempura ’cause the ring might be inside the batter. Haha!

I kept asking him about the ring and he said he wasn’t gonna propose because I spoiled the surprise. Hahaha! I felt disappointed when he said that, to be honest. I kind of regret spying on him too much. Haha! Little did I know, he got our friends Kevin, Franzen, and Gerry to prepare for the proposal at our home while we were out on our lunch date. Sneaky sneaky!

When he asked the question, I wasn’t really able to say yes, wasn’t able to say anything actually. I felt overwhelmed, I felt special, I felt so loved.

Right now, I am just so excited to spend the years to come with this goofy man. I can’t wait to see what life has to offer to both of us. 🙂 One thing is for sure, I know it’s going to be filled with laughter and happiness.

1. August 28, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Oh my god I am so happy for you, this makes me so happy. Anything related to love just makes me jump. Congratulations!

Camila,
    My Vogue Style

2. August 29, 2017 / 7:51 pm

Congratulation hun❤️❤️
    Nistha

3. September 22, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Alam mo ba, Earvin has to be wondering about the same thing that most men do. How do we figure out women? Of course, that goes without saying na women are also wondering about the same thing about men.

So, why did you do it? Why did you spoil the surprise?

Maybe someday he will admit to the truth – that he set you up to read the message. It is his way of making sure there are no rejections. <— Conspiracy theory.

Kidding aside, congratulations, Angelie. Super feel ang excitement mo.

4. September 23, 2017 / 6:24 pm

Congratulations! I feel happy for you. I think that most women would love to be in your place too. You have been together for a long time and I hope you will be both together until you grow old. The time make both of you strong and may you have the most memorable wedding and bunch of cute kids in the future. 🙂

5. September 23, 2017 / 9:05 pm

6. September 23, 2017 / 9:05 pm

Congratulations on the engagement! I remember when my husband proposed 2 yrs ago, I knew it won’t be long and he’ll be popping out the question too. On my end, I didn’t spoil the surprise though, I forgot about the thought and went on with our routine. It was valentines day when he popped the question in a beach. It was spontaneous and heartwarming– I guess I can relate to the feeling right after he popped the question. I’ll be watching out for more personal posts from you. Im excited for an upcoming prenup shoot – I know it won’t be long. 🙂 congratulations again!

7. September 24, 2017 / 1:51 pm

Congratulations! I am happy that you have got a man who will never leave you and will always love you back.
    We live in a world where we have very short tempers. Most of us really do not care about our loved ones.
    You are supremely lucky that your beau is a loving, caring person.
    Hope he stays that way.

8. October 2, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. 🙂 ♡

9. October 2, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Congratulations! I’m so happy that in the end everything turns out right – and yes, it is a very good indicator that he loves your sister. You are a beautiful couple!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

10. October 2, 2017 / 11:41 pm

Thanks for sharing this lovely story!!! It always makes me so happy when people get engaged! Congratulations!!!! 🙂

Andrea.

Seize your Style

11. October 2, 2017 / 11:49 pm

Wow! Congratulations on your engagement. I’m sure he was so pressured especially that you’ve been teasing him! 🙂

12. October 3, 2017 / 6:33 pm

Congratulations, love!! Join the engaged club 😉 It sounds like you two have a wonderful basis for a marriage. I wish you all the best! xx

13. Gabrielle
    October 6, 2017 / 5:27 am

I love how you mention how you push each other to be the best versions of yourselves – that’s such a lovely quality to have in your relationship. A HUGE congratulations to you for getting engaged; how exciting!!

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

14. October 6, 2017 / 5:34 am

Oh, what a sweet love story that is. I am sure, you will make a great married couple. You are so wonderful together, your story reads as if you’re a truly perfect match. Congratulations to you both! I love this idea of writing for yourself as you mention in the beginning. You will have awesome memories and photos to look back on.

15. Indrani
    October 6, 2017 / 5:10 pm

Wow! Congratulations!
    You almost spoiled the fun naughty you! I can imagine how disappointing it must have been for him.
    Good that you know each other well and push to get the best versions of both of you.

16. October 6, 2017 / 9:24 pm

Congratulations, this is fantastic! I remember when I got engaged, how happy I was. Now I am married for over 1 year. It’s crazy how fast the time flies. Enjoy the moment!

17. October 8, 2017 / 12:46 am

so happy for you both! best wishes and may God bless your marriage <3

18. October 8, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Congrats to both of you. More than a husband, he would be a lifelong friend of yours, I am sure. I hope both of you enjoy life to the fullest.

19. October 25, 2017 / 8:51 am

Congratulations! All the best to both of you. It’s funny how you almost spoiled the surprise. I could imagine myself doing the same thing if I’m in that situation and reading it just made me laugh. Haha.

Joy to the World

20. November 5, 2017 / 12:16 am

Congratulations on your engagement!

ANOUK