A lot of makeup lovers has raved about the L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation since its release. Some said it’s their holy grail foundation and that it works wonders on oily skin! You all know I have really oily skin so I knew I have to get my hands on this foundation.
It retails locally for 700php with 30ml worth of product. I got the shade 106 Sun Beige, by the way!It comes in a tube packaging which I like. I know, it’s not the prettiest foundation packaging out there but I like the fact that it minimizes product waste because it lets me squeeze out the right amount of product.
It has a creamy consistency that dries to a demi-matte finish. It’s pretty easy to blend but it sets really fast too so you must work fast with this foundation. Better yet, apply the foundation on your face part by part so that you’ll have enough time to blend. One it’s set, there’s no going back and it will only turn blotchy it you still try to blend it out.
L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Pros:
- It has medium coverage. It is buildable to full coverage.
- Controls oil really well. When it’s not too humid, I can get away without blotting for close to six hours.
- Powder Finish. It doesn’t make your skin feel tacky so setting it with a powder is optional. 🙂
- It lasts all day without the need for touch ups.
- Minimal transfers. It doesn’t transfer at all when set with a powder.
- Water Resistant.
- It can withstand the hot and humid weather of the Philippines.
- I like the packaging. It keeps the product from being contaminated and it lets me get the most out of this foundation.
- It is very easy to blend and it sets really fast too.
- Feels light on the skin.
L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation C0ns:
- It has a tendency to get cakey.
- Will not work for you if you have dry skin.
- It has a tendency to settle on pores and fine lines too.
- It can get blotchy if not blended properly.
- Accentuates dry patches.
- Doesn’t layer well with cream products. If you’re using this foundation, forget your cream blush and contouring creams. You’re better off with powder products. 🙂
- It claims to have a demi matte finish.
- Medium coverage.
- Lasts up to 24 hours
- Lightweight texture.
The L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation lives up to its claims and I can attest to that except for one thing. I am not sure if it can actually last for 24 hours. However, it can last the whole day for sure.
L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation Quick Tips:
- Make sure to moisturize beforehand. Even if you have oily skin, don’t skip this step!
- Use a silicone based primer like the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Since the L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation has a tendency to settle into our pores, using a silicone based primers helps a lot in getting rid of this problem.
- You can definitely get away with this foundation without setting it with a powder but if you prefer to set it with a powder, make sure to spritz some setting spray afterwards.
Overall, I like this product because I feel like it works well on my oily skin. It doesn’t cause any breakouts too so I’ll continue using it. I will recommend this to women with normal to oily skin. If you have dry skin, this will not work for you.