I love wearing BB creams more than foundation that’s the reason why I love trying new BB creams too. I was so excited when I saw this BB cream on my September BDJ box, I was like “Oh yey! A new BB cream to try”!
Colour Collection claims that this BB cream has eight benefits:
- Whitens and brightens skin
- Protects skin from ultra violet rays
- Helps heal acne blemishes
- Softens and hydrates dry skin
- Promotes cell renewal
- Reduces pigmentation
- Retains moisture
- Aids in improving skin elasticity
That is a lot of promises for a product which only costs 599php. I only tried using this product yesterday and was so impressed by the way it works that I know I just had to blog about it right away!
As you can see, the consistency is quite thick. It’s thicker than the Beauty Republic Dramatic Tinted BB cream and Revlon Photoready BB cream. It’s actually quite similar to the consistency of the Revlon Whipped cream foundation 🙂
Let’s move on with the detailed review, shall we?
Colour Collection Whitening BB Cream SPF 30 Pros:
- Does not make my skin feel and look oily. Though a lot of BB creams have such wonderful benefits, admit it, not all girls with oily/combination skin will risk using BB creams because some of them just makes you look like a grease ball.
- Blendable. I can blend it pretty easily even with such thick consistency.
- Gives just the right coverage. I love the fact that it makes you look quite fair and it evens out skin tone. It also covers blemishes and imperfections without making you look like too overdone.
- Lightweight. It does not feel like you’re wearing a lot despite the great coverage 🙂
- Affordable. It’s a great product considering it only retails for 599php.
- I love the packaging. The squeeze tube packaging is much more sanitary than those in jars. It also gives a better control when squeezing out a product so nothing goes to waste.
- A little goes long way. Seriously, a pea sized amount can cover your whole face 🙂
Colour Collection Whitening BB Cream SPF 30 Cons:
- If you have oily/combination skin. You will tend to look shiny/oily by the end of the day so be sure to carry blotting sheets with you 🙂
Just a quick tip, if you have oily/combination skin, be sure to set it with a setting powder 🙂 But you may skip this step if you have normal to dry skin 🙂